Debarment may occur, by the federal government or the state, when there is evidence of improper conduct, including, but not limited to, fraud, collusion, attempts to improperly influence a bid process or indictment by the bidder/contractor. – Massachusetts Executive Office for Administration and Finance
The following companies and/or individuals are currently barred from bidding on public construction jobs in Massachusetts, by order of Massachusetts Attorney Maura Healey, as of November 7, 2016:
- D C Masonry, Inc. of 98 Indian Meadow Drive, Northborough, MA 01532 and David Cianci, its owner, are debarred pursuant M.G.L. c.149, § 27C, and 27B beginning July 27, 2016 through July 26, 2017.
- Garcia Drywall, Inc. of 20 Query Street, New Bedford, MA 02740 and Emanuel E. Garcia, its owner, are debarred pursuant to M.G.L. c.149, § 27C beginning January 26, 2011 through January 25, 2021.
- Inspect Plus, LLC of 414 Wood Street, New Bedford, MA 02745 and Chris Lyonnais, its manager, are debarred pursuant to M.G.L. c.149, § 27C beginning July 13, 2016 through July 12, 2017.
- Keith E. Rhodes, of 3 Palleschi Drive, Swampscott, MA 01907 is debarred pursuant to M.G.L. c.149, § 27C beginning October 23, 2015 through October 22, 2020.
- Lancaster Enterprises, Inc. of 73 Lancaster Road, Dedham MA 02026, and Marie T. Raftes have been debarred pursuant to M.G.L. c.149, § 27C beginning August 31, 2012 through August 30, 2017.
- Newton Contracting Company, of 69 Howard Street, Watertown, MA 02472, Antoinette Capurso-Bryan and Shaun Bryan, its owners, have been debarred pursuant to M.G.L.c.149, § 27(a)(1) beginning January 6, 2012 through January 5, 2017.
- Rand Stoneworks, Inc. of 326 U.S. Route 1, Scarborough, ME 04074 and John Jeffrey Rand, its president, of 46 Belfield Road, Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107, are debarred for a period of 10 years beginning March 14, 2007 through March 13, 2017.
- Roy J. Cheever, of 41 Surrey Lane, Topsfield, MA 01983 is debarred pursuant to M.G.L. c.149, § 27C beginning October 23, 2015 through October 22, 2020.